Saturday 24 February 2024

Banovina, Kordun & Slavonia, around Agram


This represents the heart of later Croatia, and in the game world an important arm of Hapsburg power in Europe.  The sparse region at the bottom left is Lika; I forgot to move the label.  "Karlstadt" (in English, "Charlestown") in Kordun was founded in 1579, quite recent in my game world.  It's a small town, but later in the 18th and 19th century, it would transform into a lynchpin connecting Austrian Croatia with Fiume, the Empire's critical port on the Adriatic.  Later, it'll be known as Karlovac.  Here, it's just a little village of 424 people.

With Banovina done, I'm going to be turning the corner and starting off towards the northeast.  I'm so pleased to be out of the constant creation of mountains and hills.

There's a small layout error at the top with the hex and the border.  I do my best, but these things proliferate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. Stay on topic.