Sunday 1 January 2023

Crimea, around Or-Kapi

The next bit requires further expansion of coastlines to the south, though the Rotten Sea is already nearly complete:


The Crimean lands here are almost entirely Turkic in background, with a century and a half of "clensing" the scant population.  Some parts of the Crimea are heavily settled, but much of it's undeveloped and sparse.

Filling in the section above:



Helps bring out the colour of the sea, defining it a bit better.  Still, the eye has trouble grasping images like this.  Even simplified, as the above is, the sea looks complex and confusing.  Obviously, it doesn't help that it's split in half by the two sheets its spread across.  When it's all complete, I'll post another composite picture of the whole.

The next section further east falls on the adjoining map sheet:


The inland sea of the Syvash extends southwards along the East Crimean coast, so it'll be with us for awhile.  I did the two sections here, because the right side was easy enough due to falling across the Black Sea.  This also represents the furthest east I'll be going, as this finally evens up the ragged former work I did last year.  From here, I turn the corner and proceed southwestward until encountering Bulgaria.  Most of that is simple to map Black Sea, but there's still most of the Crimean Peninsula to fill in.


Oops, miscoloured the hex with Kosa in it.  Have to fix that.  Errors, yeah?  I tell you, I sure missed the location of the coast the first time I made this area in 20-mile maps.  But I'm getting used to finding out how incompetent I've been.  Fix mistakes, however, don't dwell on them.

This finally completes the Sanjak of Kherson.  It's all Crimea from here south, until the Black Sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. Stay on topic.