Tuesday 3 January 2023

Isthmus between Kherson & Crimea

To present the rest of the Rotten Sea, I've matched up the two sheets together.  Here's a close-up of today's added map:


Steadily, the mess gets itself sorted out and put behind.  The few "ports" on the sea produce salt and other obscure minerals, and fish, while providing docks for dories and pramms.  This creates a "community" of sorts, with news passed along between outlets, while the whole exists as a distinct backwater from the rest of the European world.  Historically, nothing happens here; nothing changes; the various warlords roll north and south of the sea, while furtive royal janissaries and officials grumble about their assignment to such a hell-hole.

Here's a wider shot of the whole coast I've been doing lately:


... and I am glad to have it behind me.  Roaming through the Ukraine, I began to wish for something as interesting as making coastlines, but now I've had my fill.  There are more coasts to make, of course; most of the Crimean Peninsula is on the agenda, like a big island at this point, but none of that has the sort of intricacy displayed above.  I won't see anything like this again until the Adriatic, which I believe will get met a few months from now at this rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is moderated. Stay on topic.