Saturday 10 December 2022

Czernowitz Sheet Map

I'm done with the Czernowitz sheet now, so it's time to post it.  Here it is in its full size:

The top nine hexes from edge to edge were done in the last two weeks.  Everything else I did before last August.

But for some real perspective, here's a pic of the journey we've taken since Hungary:


Has the whole upper course of the Dneister from left to right.  Lovely.

Is it improper of me to post these large sweeps of map?  Does it seem like I'm indecently patting myself on the back?  I'm really just trying to show that with steady, diligent work, remarkable progress can be made.

2 comments:

  1. Freaking beautiful! Well done Alexis.

    What is the significance of the roads which appear to have a black line atop them -- such as the low (?) road from Sathmar to Grosskarol?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll remember that the original 20-mile hex maps included "trade routes" between market cities. Those trade routes were measured by changes in elevation as well as by the number of hexes ... and even though I have this deeper map, those trade routes as they were originally supposed still matter.

    I've adjusted the exact route in many cases, having it jump through generated villages rather than the original "guess" that I made when I drew those red lines through 20m hexes. And where there's a trade route, it supercedes the road generation I used for the 6m hexes. The minimum for a trade route is a dirt road, even in places where the route ought to be less developed. There are additional specific rules I have surrounding that, but they don't matter just now.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. Stay on topic.