Sunday 4 December 2022

Podolia, south and around Khmelnitsky

Stuff like this explains why I know so many obscure parts of the world.  Wrapping up southern Podolia today, with two sections.  Here's the first, north of Dunatevsky:


This came out nice, with a mixture of steppe and forest, and three manufacturing towns (type-2) in a line adjacent to a sizable lake.  Don't have a name for the lake yet, I'm afraid:


Left another happy face on the map; think I did yesterday, too.  Not much to say about this, I'm afraid. It's all just process, getting to the next map and past it:


This came out just as expected.  Any hex with 100+ points of infrastructure is going to come out filled with settlements.  In this range, it's well-developed rural parts, what Ukraine is famous for:


I've made this a long shot, to give a sense of scale and general appearance of the region.  It ends up being patches of gentlemen farming surrounded by less developed backward agricultural farms.

The map also includes a label for Podolia.  I think it looks fairly good, and wasn't that hard to work around when I created the map.  I'll start adding these names going forward, and eventually come around to cleaning up the places mapped earlier.

Blog's gotten pretty quiet.  I'm guessing I have a hardcore set of 12 watchers, since I tend to range between 12 and 20 page views a day.  That's fine.  I'd think a person would have to be very interested to follow this blog ... especially with the post titles tending to blend together.  Without a map, it'd be hard for someone to follow.

For myself, I don't mind the steady work and it's pleasant to talk about the progress, daily, as it goes forward.

1 comment:

  1. I'm one of your dirty dozen. Not commenting, but learning. Repetition, repetition, repetition. And ingesting the presented food for thought.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is moderated. Stay on topic.